PRIVACY STATEMENT – FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy and to allow you to make informed choices, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices that you can make about the way that your information is collected and used.
Your Consent: By using this FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca website) (the “Site”) you consent to the collection, storage, and use of information in the manner described in this privacy statement (this “Privacy Statement” or “Statement”) and in our Site’s Terms and Conditions.
This Privacy Statement describes exactly how FUJIFILM Canada INC. (“FUJIFILM”) uses identifiable information regarding our Site users and customers, such as name, address, e-mail address, and/or credit card information (“User Information”). Primarily, we collect such information for the purpose of providing you with excellent service and a great user experience. Except as specifically described in this Privacy Statement, FUJIFILM does not sell, rent or share such User Information with third parties.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY FUJIFILM:
The type of User Information that we request and/or collect depends upon the type of service you are using. For instance:
- If you purchase photo prints or other photofinishing items sold on this Site, you will first need to provide shipping and billing information as well as your photo/video content. We will use this information to receive, process, ship and bill your order as well as to send you specific information respecting your particular order. During the order submission process, if you opt in to be added to FUJIFILM’s mailing list to receive communications respecting the Site and/or FUJIFILM or FUJIFILM-related products and services, you may also receive such communications. You will be able to opt out of receiving mailing list communications at any time by clicking through the “unsubscribe” mechanism on communications from us, contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you open a FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca account, we will ask you to include your shipping and billing information so that we can receive, process, ship and bill future orders. You do not need to create an account to place to order but, if you choose to, it will enable you to streamline your ordering process and to view certain information re: past orders. While we will retain certain billing and shipping information in your account records, we will not retain your credit card information as that information is processed by Paypal. You may delete your FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca account at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site. You can also cancel your FUJIFILM.ca account by notifying us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request cancellation of your account, FUJIFILM may remove any and all of your information from the Site, which may not be accessible to you even if you choose to later reactivate your account or rejoin as a registered user. To comply with applicable laws, we may retain certain account information for a limited time. For example, we will keep personal information used to make a decision affecting you for at least one year after using it to make the decision, unless otherwise permitted or required by law. This data will be retained in a manner consistent with all of our other data and information retention policies.
During the account registration process, if you opt in to be added to FUJIFILM’s mailing list to receive communications respecting the Site and/or FUJIFILM or FUJIFILM-related products and services, you may also receive such communications. You will be able to opt out of receiving mailing list communications at any time by clicking through the “unsubscribe” mechanism on communications from us, contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site or by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- If you opt in to being on the FUJIFILM mailing list, we may use the contact information you submit to send promotional information respecting the Site as well as information on FUJIFILM or FUJIFILM-related products and services. You will be able to opt out of receiving such communications at any time by clicking through the “unsubscribe” mechanism on communications from us, contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from the mailing list, you may still receive automatically generated emails related to your orders; these are not marketing emails but required communications in the purpose of fulfilling and communicating updates about your order.
- If you participate in any sweepstakes or contests, you will need to provide us with certain contact information as well as any other content submitted with respect to the applicable contest/sweepstakes (such as an entry photo). We will only use such information to enter you into the contest/sweepstakes and, possibly, to send you e-mails and other communications related to your contest and/or sweepstakes entry. However, if you also you also opt in to receive additional promotional information respecting the Site and/or FUJIFILM or FUJIFILM-related products and services then you will receive those communications as well. You will be able to opt out of a contest/sweepstakes at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. You may also opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by clicking through the “unsubscribe” mechanism on communications from us, contacting us using the Contact Us portion of the Site or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also, we may track the number of users who have visited or visits to specific pages of our Site. This process does not involve disclosing any personally-identifying information that could be used to particularly identify such users.
IP Addresses. An IP address is simply your computer hardware’s address on the Web. It’s a unique identifier, which helps online information to be directed to its intended place. We use IP addresses to better understand our database of users and customers. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Sites. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information such as the geographic distribution of our users. However – and this is important – we do not intentionally link your IP address to any personally-identifiable information.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, and enables FUJIFILM to record your user journey. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Cookies help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Site according to our users’ interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our Site.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can prevent Google Analytics, or another service provider, from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser. If you select this setting on your browser, it is possible you may be unable to access certain parts or features of our Site; however, refusing to accept cookies should not render the services unusable. If you experience difficulties with the Site after refusing to accept cookies, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
HOW FUJIFILM USES THIS INFORMATION:
FUJIFILM will not sell, trade, distribute or rent to others (third parties) your personal information collected online except for limited purposes as described in this Statement.
Our reasons for collecting User Information are to:
- send you communications respecting the Site and/or FUJIFILM’s products and services which may include newsletters, special offers, etc. (but only if you opt in to do so),
- process your contest and/or sweepstakes entries (if you choose to enter such contests and/or sweepstakes),
- to monitor your compliance with your agreements with FUJIFILM,
- to protect FUJIFILM and third parties against fraud and errors,
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and
- otherwise, to provide our users with a customized, relevant, user-friendly experience on www.FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca site. With respect to this usage (h), we use non-personally-identifying and aggregate information to understand the needs and usage patterns of our Site visitors and therefore to better design our Site.
Photo/Video Privacy. FUJIFILM employees or employees of partner companies that provide services to FUJIFILM may, by necessity, see your photos or media while they are being printed or otherwise processed, for support reasons and/or to otherwise facilitate your order. In addition, your photos, videos or personal account information may be viewed by FUJIFILM employees or employees of partner companies in order to evaluate, validate, or correct problems with your account. Finally, your photos/videos may be viewed and/or processed by FUJIFILM employees or employees of partner companies to the extent they have been submitted as part of a contest/sweepstakes promoted on the Site. Except to the extent required by law, such images/video content shall only be held for the period of time appropriate to process your orders and/or contest entry (with respect to orders, such period shall not exceed 120 days and, with respect to contest entries, such period shall not exceed the period specified in the applicable official contest or sweepstakes rules). Such images/video shall be removed and shall not be accessible by FUJIFILM or by you on your account after such period has elapsed (unless retention is required for legal reasons).
WITH WHOM FUJIFILM SHARES USER INFORMATION:
FUJIFILM shares User Information with third party intermediaries (for example, credit card authorization companies, merchandise distributors, vendors processing our e-mail communications, and other service providers) who help us run the Site and provide our services. Your User Information is provided to these third parties solely for the purpose of providing you with the services that you request at the time that you request them. Except to the extent that you request otherwise, these third party intermediaries do not store, retain, access or otherwise utilize your User Information other than as is necessary to provide you with the particular FUJIFILM services that you specifically request from us (e.g., with respect to Paypal’s retention of your payment and other information necessary to process your order).
Forced Disclosure of Information. The one exception to the rule described in this section is that if FUJIFILM is permitted or required by law (or to protect its rights, property or the personal safety of our employees, the public, or users of our Sites), we will disclose User Information to the extent so required.
FUJIFILM’S COMMITMENT TO DATA SAFEGUARDING AND SECURITY:
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, which is technology designed to protect the transmission of your User Information. This is critical during exchanges of credit card, billing and password information.
Your Account with us, which contains your User-provided Information, is accessible by you online, but it is protected by password. We strongly recommend that you do not give your password to anyone. We also recommend that you change or re-arrange your password every three months. If you want to change any of your personal information, correct factual errors, or even if you simply want to see what information we have stored, you can review and update your user profile in the “My Account” section of www.FujifilmPrintlife.ca. We use this procedure to better safeguard your personal information and to keep it accurate and under your control. You may edit your account information at any time.
If you are using a public computer at a library or at a coffeehouse, or if it’s a shared computer (a family household computer, for example), we urge you to log out of your FUJIFILM account and log out from our Site altogether, and quit the browser application before you leave the computer. This may help to prevent others from accessing your account and any personal information.
FUJIFILM will only request your user name and password if you initiate contact with us, and only if the username and password are necessary to correct a problem with the provision of our services to you. FUJIFILM will never ask you for your password or credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Such fraudulent online techniques are called “phishing” scams, where others pose as a reputable company to trick users into divulging such information. Users should be cautious about whom and under what circumstances they supply such information.
You can cancel your FUJIFILM account by using the “Contact Us” portion of the Site. If you request cancellation of your account, FUJIFILM may remove any and all personal information from www.FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca, which may not be accessible to you even if you choose to later reactivate your account. To comply with applicable laws, we must retain certain account information for a limited time (such as maintaining certain records regarding a cancelled account, including records of credit transactions and some ownership details). This data will be retained in a manner consistent with all of our other data and information retention policies.
Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect information from or maintain information at our Site on persons that we know are under the age of majority, and no sections of our Site are structured to attract or solicit anyone under this age. Because our company knows the importance of protecting information about children on the Internet, visitors under the age of majority are not eligible to be users of www.FUJIFILMPRINTLIFE.ca.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and/or stored at, a destination outside of Canada (such as the U.S.). It may also be processed by staff operating outside of Canada who work for us or one of our affiliates, subcontractors or suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing and you understand that information you provide may be available to any federal, provincial, state or local governments of such jurisdictions and/or their agencies under a lawful order made in the applicable jurisdiction. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your transferred data is treated securely in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers, which may be located outside of Canada (such as in the U.S.). Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We strongly recommend that you do not to share your password with anyone.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES:
If there is a change in our privacy practices, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. We may also send e-mail to users who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. To make this Privacy notice easy to find, we make it available on every page on our Site and at every point where personally-identifiable information may be requested. Please check this page from time to time for changes to make sure that you are aware of our latest privacy practices.
VIEWING/ CHANGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
You have a right to access your personal information held by FUJIFILM.
Upon written request to our Privacy Officer, and authentication of your identity, we will provide you your personal information under our control. We will also give you information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom that information has been disclosed. We may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so. We will make the information available within 30 days of receiving a written request or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfil the request.
In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information (e.g., if disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the personal information is protected by solicitor/client privilege, the information was collected for the purposes of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that could harm the competitive position of FUJIFILM). We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. Where an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete. If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed. When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
CONTACTING FUJIFILM / YOUR PRIVACY CONTACT:
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, or wish to view or change your personal information or have a general question respecting your dealings on this Site, you can contact us by using the “Contact Us” portion of the Site. If your query is specifically privacy related then you can also contact Fujifilm’s Chief Privacy Officer directly at:
FUJIFILM Canada, Inc.
600 Suffolk Court
Attention: Fujifilm Canada Inc. Chief Privacy Officer
by telephone at 1-800-263-5018 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2018 FUJIFILM Canada Inc. All rights reserved.